Detonation Gas Cycle Turbine (DCGT)
TTE owns an exclusive global license for the manufacturing and marketing of a highly innovative, low emissions turbine-based truck engine known as the Detonation Cycle Gas Turbine (DCGT) engine. Its patented cyclic detonation technology, when completed, could revolutionize the heavy-duty truck engine market.
The DCGT engine
- has no pistons or valves; and uses no lube oil, filters or pumps
- uses over 30% less fuel than current engine technologies
- significantly reduces nitrogen oxide (NO, NO2, N2O2) and carbon monoxide (CO) emissions
- operates on all fuels: hydrocarbon, hydrogen and synthetic
- has flex-fuel and mixed fuels capability
- has few moving parts, requiring less maintenance
- has a high power-to-weight ratio
- is lightweight (less than 2 lbs. per hp)
- is air cooled
- has cold start capability
The DCGT engine is powered by an innovative new electromagnetic isothermal combustion process that produces complete combustion of fuel-oxidizer mixtures in cyclic detonations.
The high-pressure gasses produced by these detonations drive a unique turbine producing shaft horsepower. The engine’s unique combustion process allows the DCGT to operate with blower air at low static pressure, negating the necessity of compressing and preheating fuel-oxidizer mixtures prior to combustion. Once the compression of fuel-oxidizer mixtures has been eliminated, the engine both achieves higher thermal efficiency in a simplified mechanical structure, and provides significant advantages over current diesel, gasoline, and gas turbine engines.